Saturday, May 2, 2009

Swisher The Goose Returns?

Geese - Swisher maybe
Last year we raised an orphaned gosling from May until he flew away in August. This goose landed on a snag right behind the chicken coop in our yard one morning. I took photos for about an hour and talked with it while it looked at me. The mate (it seemed) flew around us, landed in about 3 different snags and finally convinced this goose to fly up the creek. I wonder, is this Swisher? It brought tears to my eyes.
See more photos below in my SmugMug slideshow.




To see the post about the gosling when it lived with us, see My Goose Friend Swisher.

2 comments:

Fish Whisperer said...

Really neat photos with a neat story.
Cheers

Unknown said...

Thanks. Do you like the SmugMug slideshow? It is new for me.
About Swisher. Has anyone had a wild goose talk with them? That is what this goose did. It looked right at me and "talked" to me. I felt very strange and thrilled. We sure do live in a wonderful place.

Click on any photo

for a larger view in a new window. Please don't use any content from this blog with out asking for permission.