Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Goose Friend Swisher

Swisher the goose in MayIn early May, Jack was floating the Big Hole river with clients when he noticed this lone gosling had been following his boat for miles. At the end of the day he thought of it's fate if he didn't rescue it. He scooped it up in his net and brought it home. We put it under a light until it could survive being in the coop with out it. It stayed with us in our yard until mid August. One day I came home from work and he was gone. I have to believe he flew away with other geese as he should. Maybe one day Swisher will come back to our ponds with a mate and nest.
Here is a slide show of Swisher from May through mid-August. I hope you enjoy it.
If you click "View Album", then "Slide Show" it will show in full screen mode. If the photos don't quite focus, slow down the speed to 5 or 6 seconds per photo.
Note: I don't know if Swisher was male or female. I just found myself calling Swisher "he."
Canada Goose - Montana Field Guide

No comments:

Click on any photo

for a larger view in a new window. Please don't use any content from this blog with out asking for permission.