Saturday, January 31, 2009

Gash Creek Ski Day

Jack making a few turns
Yesterday, we tried to find snow, it was limited. On a climb up a ridge, I managed to run into a moose. He had a very blond rack but I couldn't get much of a photo. As I edged closer to him, he charged me. I think I annoyed him. After that, I sheepishly retreated back down the ridge. I would rather be safe than sorry. the Moose through the trees

These two photos were taken with a Pentax Optio camera. Not the best when you want to focus in on a moose through the trees, but you get the idea of how big he is.

Mule Deer in December 2008














In December, we had about a week of really good snow. This slideshow shows one of those days. We saw a pair of Mule deer, too.




No comments:

Click on any photo

for a larger view in a new window. Please don't use any content from this blog with out asking for permission.