Friday, January 6, 2012

"Elk in the Bitterroot Valley in January" by amontanaview | RedBubble

"Elk in the Bitterroot Valley in January" by amontanaview | RedBubble:



Two cows and two calves were moving from a pasture into timber here. This photo has only one of the calves. The day was overcast and snowing lightly in early January 2012. To me, the interesting behavior was how the two cows stayed so close together as they milled around while I snapped the photos. When I left, they continued to calmly move up into the timber.
See more photos at Two elk cows and calves in January

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I have just started trying to learn more about photography. I can never hope to hold a candle to you!

Unknown said...

Shesamaniyak.com - first, awesome domain name. Second, are you kidding? what a huge compliment. Of course you will "hold a candle" and probably surpass. I hope we can connect. I would love to share my experiences with you if it would be helpful. Thanks so much for the comment.

Click on any photo

for a larger view in a new window. Please don't use any content from this blog with out asking for permission.