Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Town History Fair, Montana in the Eyes of Our Youth

Reader Board for Victor MT by Camas
Thursday, March 5th, I was invited to a "Town History Fair" at Two Creeks School in Victor, Montana. I only had a half-hour to see all the boards at the fair and there was a great turnout of parents and friends making crowds at each board. I wish I could have taken photos of them all, but in the slideshow below you will see a few of the boards. These kids worked REALLY hard! More importantly, they had fun learning.

Each child picked a town, maybe they were born there, maybe visited it, maybe had family in the town. For the town, they researched, wrote a large paper, and made a reader board. Each child I photographed, except one, provided an oral presentation as well. I could tell they were very familiar with their subject - even had personalities pegged for some of the key residents. I was quite impressed with their knowledge and delivery. They found a connection and conveyed it to me in a personal and interesting manner. The child that didn't give an oral presentation was a first year student at the age of 5! Camas is her name and her project about Victor was fantastic. See the photos below.

If you want to download any photos, view the album, right click the photo and choose "Save Picture As." Then save to your computer in the location of your choice. To see in full screen mode, View Album and choose "Slideshow."

No comments:

Click on any photo

for a larger view in a new window. Please don't use any content from this blog with out asking for permission.